Cost Reduction:The current recession has been a challenge for everyone including several of our clients, their employees, and our company as well. To help our clients during these tough times, Design Integrity is offering a comprehensive list of cost reduction services including:
- Single part redesign using lower cost processes.
- Combining multiple parts into one new part.
- Major platform consolidations use common parts.
- Redesigning products for faster assembly.
- Product or complete line redesign using DFMA techniques.
- Packaging efficiency projects to optimize shipping container costs.
- Sourcing of products or tooling from low cost international sources.
- Application of net present value methods to financial decisions using incremental variable costs.
Cost reduction projects can yield more than just higher margins from lower costs. Lower costs allow manufacturers to retain margins or to strategically reduce prices to capture market share, address a competitive threat, or maximize profits from higher volumes.
In addition, cost reduction projects can be combined with improvements to performance, aesthetics, or ergonomics that are paid for with the cost savings. Oftentimes, cost reduction programs are the best use of investment dollars when compared to other options.
If you are interested in discussing potential cost reduction opportunities with our professional staff, please contact us at your convenience. Our senior engineering staff members will come to your facility to review the options that you are considering and study your product line to see if there are any additional opportunities available with a relatively fast payback.